Why does ViTE exists?
Since the increasing development of multi-core architectures,
multi-thread and MPI application became the new standard in
scientific research. Thus, new problems appeared and required
new tools for debugging and profiling these
Some tools already exist and provide good features. Nevertheless,
since the best are proprietary softwares, we aim to give to
the Open-source community a powerful tool able to meet the
needs of any developer.
The aim of ViTE is to have a free and open software able to
display different trace formats with a user-friendly
That is why the licence is a Cecill-A one.
What will come next?
Following are some features or developing ways plan to the
- Improve memory consumption to allow to visualize bigger traces
- Add new possibilities to customize your working environment
- Add plugins
- Add a new fast and clear render
Version 1.2 (September 2010)
- Load time reduced for Pajé traces.
- Minimap. (Help to locate your current view position on the trace. Need to be enabled from the file menu.)
- Plugin interface added.
- Customisation for state colors using palettes
- Trace reload and recent files menu.
- Tau trace format parser started.
Version 1.1 (January 2010)
- OTF file format supported.
- Extended Pajé format.
- CMake compilation available.
- Drag and drop of traces on ViTE.
- Load time reduced.
- More exports available (png, jpeg support and counter in raw format) .
Version 1.0 (June 2009)
- Man page done.
- Statistics are now available.
- Progress bar giving you the time to wait for the end of the parsing.
- Export window improved.
Version 0.3 (May 2009)
- Pajé format trace completely parsed and printable.
- Data structure implemented
- First correct version